Day 9 - Bellevue & Meydenbauer Beach
If I ever go bankrupt, it's going to be because of my stomach.
I went grocery shopping today. Didn't need much, just wanted to pick up some food to make for lunch. Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE grocery shopping?? Needless to say, I bought enough food for lunch. And dinner. And prolly lunch tomorrow too. Sigh... I love grocery shopping =) However, there was one downer that causes me to conclude that I could never move to Seattle. They don't have macaroni and cheese loaf!!! Oh the horrors. My favourite lunch meat, and they don't sell it! Not in the pre-packaged section, not in the fresh deli, not even in the super expensive deli meats section. They just don't have it. =( I settled for bologna, but it's just not the same.
Came home (Tim's home), and practically killed myself. His kitchen has one of those gas stove things. I've never used one. So stupid me goes and turns it on, but there's no flame. Stood there waiting for the thing to light, but nothing happened. Started to smell the gas. Hypothesized that this is a bad smell. Then noticed that there's a part of the knob that says "Lite". Clicked to that, and WHOOSH the gas stove was lit. Had to get away from the stove for a bit, the gas fumes were strong. I wouldn't be surprised if I get a headache. This just further supports why I should never cook =)
After lunch I went for a walk. At Bellevue Place, I walked through the parking lot, and saw this:
Brings back memories of salsa dancing in San Diego on our Chickvegas trip. The way parking works is that you fold up your dollar bills, and stick it into the little slot that represents the spot you parked in. At some point, someone will come by and check, and I suppose if there isn't enough money in the little slot for where you parked, they would ticket/tow your car away. Only in the US.
Went to Bellevue Square, which is a HUGE mall near Tim's place. I treated it more like exercise than actual shopping and walked the entire mall, both floors. Saw a necklace I liked from Movado, too bad it costs $3K USD!! Instead, I went to JCPenny to buy socks for skiing. Found a pair that said $6.00 but had a discounted sticker of $2.99. At the checkout counter, the price came up as $0.77, totaling $0.84 including taxes. Sweet deal!
My baby arrived =) I haven't seen it yet, but Gabe txted me to let me know! Can't wait til Sunday, he can teach me how to use it properly.
There's a huge fountain thing outside the mall, wandered around there for awhile.

Too funny, there is "Geese Patrol"!! Something desparately needed in Loo...
Then walked to the near by beach park called Meydenbauer Beach. There were three moms with all their kids playing around, and people with their dogs out for a walk. Was a pretty nice, quiet place to rest, plus a great view!







We had BBQ at ajma's house, played with his bunnies, and at around 9pm, suddenly decided that we should drive to CML's place in Vancouver to sleepover, instead of getting up at some ungodly hour to drive to Whistler from Seattle. CML's place is a very nice, 1+1 condo. Perfect for 2 people. We stuffed 8 into her place. One in the den, three in the room (two in the bed, one the floor), and four in the living room.
Got up at 7am to drive to Whistler. Had McD's for breakfast before skiing (I see a trend...) and hit the slopes around 11am. Beautiful! See next post for pics, and what I did...

<< Home