Day 10 - Whistler!
Whistler. Skiing. I busted my ankle. =D The view is still extraordinary!

TN, JC, AJM seated, JLK riding on the far right
MM, and my skis
The boys (JC, TN, MM, JLK, AJM) all boarded, but I skied. 
Early on in the day I lost track of them all, so I wandered off to various parts of Whistler on my own. Blackcomb was closed for the season. The view was spectacular, both at the main runs, and the runs out back! I ended up at one of the runs out back cause I went down the wrong trail, and ended up at a chair lift that wasn't the same as the one I intended to go to =) 
If you squint really hard you can see little people skiing down the bowl. That should give context for how HUGE this mountain is!!!
On the last run of the day, I was still on my own. I went down my favourite run, that had the best view, but was a little tricky, cause the path was narrow, and on one side was the edge of the cliff, and the other side was the mountain. 
I wiped out bad =D
This is the view looking up the run from where I wiped out:
This is the view looking down the run from where I wiped out:
This is the view looking to the right of where I wiped out:
This is the view looking to the left of where I wiped out:
These are my skis. Notice how deep into the snow they are burried!
I sat for a long time, cause I knew my right ankle was in pain. As it was slowly subsiding, the ski patrol guy came by for the last sweep of the runs. Given what was directly to my left, he asked whether I hit my head. Luckily I didn't. He helped me get back on my feet, but when I tried to ski, I fell over again, it was much more painful than I thought. I tried again and it was better, so the ski patrol guy skied with me all the way down to finish the run. This trail was still my favourite, inspite of killing myself!
Gondola'd the rest of the way down to the village, got my running shoes on. The guys met me there, and slowly I limped away. Checked into the hotel, and went to the Keg for dinner.
Check out my ankle =D
Luckily I was with 5 guys, who all took good care of me, from carrying all my stuff, to getting me ice, buying drugs, making me plunge my foot in FREEZING cold water, as well as pulling out the camera to take pics of me screaming. Sigh. Will post those ugly pics when I get them off AJM's 20D.
And now we're all back in the hotel, completely exhausted. It's not even 11pm, and we're all dead tired. They have another full day ahead of them, I haven't yet figured out what to do with myself, other than NOT skiing.

<< Home