...are we there yet?

April 25, 2005

Day 11 - Whistler Village

Obviously, I didn't ski. JC sold my lift ticket for me, and I managed to get a refund on the rentals. Woke up when the guys woke up, but went back to sleep after they left. I had met the front desk guy Shane the night before, and he knew that I busted my ankle, so he was really nice and let me stay in the room longer than normal checkout time.

Woke up from my nap, re-plunged my foot in ice cold water a few more times, cooked my lunch (ie. nuked my Chunky soup) and then packed up and returned the fruit bowl (will make sense when I get AJM's pics) to the front desk. Hung around there and chatted with Shane for awhile, and then took the shuttle to the Village.

Wandered the Village *very* slowly. Sort of shopping, but wasn't really looking for anything in particular. Eventually got pretty tired, and sat down with a chocolate strawberry crepe on a sidewalk patio. People watched for the rest of the day =) Very relaxing.

Met up with the boys. On Friday, we forgot to buy sunscreen, so as much as the guys layered it on thick for Sat, the damage was done. Think MEGA ski goggle/sunglasses tan lines =) Plus, some boarded in a tshirt with gloves on Friday, so the sunburn was also on the arms, though not the hands!

Dinner was in Van, with Erin and Dylan. Pearl and her sister Karen met up with us after their family dinner. All you can eat sushi and k-BBQ!!! We were starving =D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Drove back to Seattle that night. JLK and AJM are superstars for driving the entire way to Whistler, as well as back to Seattle!!!